Tuesday

#TBDaily x #OnlyTheBest Day 1 of Tosyn taking Mauritius


Hey guys,

So I'm writing to you from sunny Mauritius. It is such a beautiful place. The resort we are camped in is the Outrigger Beach resort. It was love at first sight especially as they welcomed us with refreshing Lemon Grass tea. (I'm easily pleased).


Before I proceed, let's take this to the very beginning, for as they sang in the 'Sounds of Music', it's a very good place to start.
GoTV invited me down to Mauritius, alongside social media influencers like Olorisupergal, BellaNaija, Pulse NG and 360Nobs, for the annual #MultichoiceContentShowcase, themed, #OnlyTheBest.
Everyday a new adventure as to what to expect on GoTV, and indeed, DSTV.


I'm here with people from Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius (duh), Ethiopia, and more and I'll be uploading pictures and videos to my twitter, instagram and snapchat so heyyyyyy, follow me for great Behind the Scenes stuff.
(P.s, I can currently hear the Mavins doing their soundcheck).

With Olorisupergal (blogger) and  Korede Bello (Nigerian artiste, member of Mavins) on the flight

We flew Emirates (our Host on the Lagos to Dubai arm was a hoot!), and since the flights were looooong (at least six hours each, Lagos to Dubai, Dubai to Mauritius), I was able to watch 'Sounds of Music' (againnnnnnn), 'The Avengers' (again) and 'Cool Hand Luke'.

I also checked out the Ed Sheeran 'X' album and it's so good!!! Also worth checking out are Colbie Caillat's and Sam Smith's new albums.

I'll be heading out for a dinner at 7.30pm and I'm unpacking now so let me catch you guys later. In the meantime, don't forget to follow on instagram, twitter and snapchat for a blow by blow account.
I'm wrapping up with three essential tips for long distance travel

Tosyn's Travel Tips
- Have small tubes or containers for essentials like roll-on, lip gloss, foundation and powder.
You'll want to get off a plane looking like a million bucks!

- Don't skip the meals but be smart with the drinks. I recommend enjoying the complimentary water and asking for a little more, then keeping alcohol to a minimum

- Follow the clock! If you travel during the day, instead of sleeping off immediately (and then risking being awake at night), stay awake, read a book or enjoy an in-flight movie. Then sleep at night.
That way, you don't confuse your body and suffer too much jet-lag.

I hope the tips help!


No comments:

Post a Comment

#SkincareSaturday Three things to do for your skin this weekend!

Ideally, we should pamper ourselves every day.  Unfortunately, with the hustle and bustle that is Lagos, we usually end up with at best, ...