Monday

#MondayMotivation Refine your Elevator Pitch

I remember when I heard the story of two nigerian artistes who had a few minutes to convince a big star to sign them.

They quickly played him music and he liked what he heard. That got them a second meeting.

I remarked to a friend once that if that was me, I wouldn't have known what song to play, or what to say. I probably would have frozen up.

Successful people are busy, which means if you have never honed your elevator pitch, you need to start now.

Simply put, an elevator pitch is what you would say to someone who could change your life during the time it takes for an elevator to reach its' next stop.

After the conversation with my friend, I resolved to work on mine and thought I had aced it, until my sister got me a phone chat with her friend who also happens to be a business manager. After a few minutes, she said, "Tosyn, I don't think you know what you want and I think that's the first thing you have to figure out". 
I think because I was her friend's younger sister though, she was still willing to still meet with me so thankfully, I did not lose out on that opportunity.

Since then, I don't joke about it again!

I think, decide and plan how I would describe myself, and ask for what I want, from anyone.

Being assertive and confident starts with knowing what you want. A better job? Pay rise? Partnership?
Whatever it is, know it. Then learn to show, say and act it.

Whatever it is you are aiming for, my challenge for you is to think about what you would say exactly if you met someone who could change your life forever, in an elevator.

Want to try here? What's your elevator pitch?

No comments:

Post a Comment

#SkincareSaturday Three things to do for your skin this weekend!

Ideally, we should pamper ourselves every day.  Unfortunately, with the hustle and bustle that is Lagos, we usually end up with at best, ...