Monday

#MondayMotivation How to UNLearn



If I asked what you learnt recently, you would probably have a million responses.

What if I switched it up and asked what you UNlearnt recently?
There you may hesitate and look at me like I was mad.

I do believe though that life is about 
- Learning
- Unlearning, and 
- Relearning.

Let me explain.

The average person will learn something new everyday, either while on our daily commute, while watching or reading the news, or from something online.
I recently learnt that President Macron of France will be visiting Ghana, Burkina Faso and Ivory Coast while covering the news for Kwesefied. (I then wondered, 'what happened to Naija na?!')

French President, Emmanuel Macron

But i digress.
Learning is easy, especially if we open ourselves to it.

ReLearning is also easy. There are things we have learnt before that we either take for granted or do not use and so must relearn them. I for example, had to relearn how to move my arm after I fractured it and wore a cast for weeks. The first day the cast was taken off, the doctor and nurse said, "Move your arm" and I thought I was doing it but guess what? My arm was NOT moving.
I then had to undergo a series of physiotherapy sessions to RElearn how to move my arm.
That was not fun I can tell you.

What may be fun or not fun depending on our attitude to it is UNlearning.
Imagine you grow up thinking something and 'knowing it for sure', then growing up and finding out you were wrong!
There are people who still argue the earth is flat while most say it is round.

If you do not open yourself up to letting go of wrong or false information you have, you may find yourself stuck in the mud and not growing. Learning, Unlearning and Relearning are all essential aspects of growth.

Can you s.h.a.r.e one thing you recently Learnt, Unlearnt or Relearnt, with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

#SkincareSaturday Three things to do for your skin this weekend!

Ideally, we should pamper ourselves every day.  Unfortunately, with the hustle and bustle that is Lagos, we usually end up with at best, ...