Wednesday

WCW: SCRIPTWRITER, DAMI ELEBE

Hey ladies and gentlemen, it's another beautiful Wednesday, isn't it?

Today we are crushing on the amazing Dami Elebe. She's an OAP at Beat FM and a scriptwriter-She writes renowned Ndani TV series: 'Skinny Girl in Transit' (I'm such a huge fan by the way)  and 'Rumour has it'. I had a chat with her to pick her brain a little. Enjoy !




Hi Dami!

1) You are a radio personality at Beat FM; how did radio begin for you?

DAMI: While I was in school, we had this class "Internship II" where we had to go for media excursions to different types of media houses. I took one of my own and stopped at a radio station. To see how relaxed they were, doing the one thing they love was amazing. You just needed your voice and wit as a skill. So when I came back to Nigeria, that was what I wanted to do and three months in, I got the job. The rest is history.

2) You’re also an amazing scriptwriter; something you’ll love to write about but haven’t yet done is?
DAMI: Wow. I don't think I'll be able to answer this question and remain here. There are so many things I'd love to write about. For now, let me pick a big budget, definitely blockbuster superhero movie.

3) What is your routine like whenever you have a writing project?
DAMI: It really depends on how I feel and a flow. My routine is to not have a routine you cannot change depending on the mood. I just have to get into the head space and we move.





4) How do you keep yourself constantly inspired?
DAMI: Watching TV. I've also noticed that when I go out, I observe people a lot hoping for some weird kind of drama I can use.

5) If you could say something to your '20-year old' and '50-year old' self respectively, you'd say?
DAMI: To my 20 year old self, get up and be responsible.
To my 50 year old self, you only live once... Do it Jare!

6) Who’s your favourite (female) scriptwriter and why?
DAMI: I don't have one. It truly varies from moment to moment. At this moment, myself.

7) What’s on your mind this Wednesday?
DAMI: I have a deadline I need to meet but I'm here instead. I must love you.

LOL. That's it guys!
Stay inspired,
Anjola

No comments:

Post a Comment

#SkincareSaturday Three things to do for your skin this weekend!

Ideally, we should pamper ourselves every day.  Unfortunately, with the hustle and bustle that is Lagos, we usually end up with at best, ...