Monday

#BehindTheScenes My Weekend consisted of Kids, Drinks and Chicken at 2am

I had a good weekend, mostly because of an eventful Saturday.

Hair and Make Up by MzPreyeMakeovers

For the shy and introverted, event invitations raise levels of anxiety. For me, it forces me to slightly panic, then go and either be the life of the party (over-active), or stay in a corner throughout.
If you are shy and introverted, remember to relax (it's just a party), have a few topics of interest just in case people actually want to have a conversation with you, and love what you wear. Ain't nobody got time for discomfort!

I went for the Independence Kids Awards at Federal Palace Hotel (the Marquee). Kids doing exceptional things where celebrated and there was also entertainment provided by a funny Gordons, and SPAN. I sat on with Governor, Jafextra, Sound Sultan and Ali Baba and it was altogether a great time.

AliBaba and Yaw had us laughing all through at our table


I also checked out real quickly, the launch party for a new e-commerce company at Oriental Hotel.
Props to Spinall for his outfit to the event; he looked good!

Dj Spinall in an Ankara Kimono by Ayo Van Elmar


I saw Katung and his wife, and Kevin Chuwang. Fun fact- when I was fresh out of school, Katung was one of the first people I interviewed.
Thanks Katung!

My last port of call was dinner at Debola Williams' house for Zain Asher, Nigerian CNN correspondent. Fun fact? She's Chiwetel Ejiofor's sister!

Debola was a perfect host
It was informal and not only did we dance (especially to 'Pana', but we also played musical chairs (I lost), mimed to songs ('street credibility' was a hit) and talked into the night about dating, working and impact.

The highlight could have been chowing down some chicken at 2a.m as Debola showed himself to be the perfect host but it was actually getting to meet Stephanie Busari who is a CNN correspondent in Nigeria, and finally meet and chat with Arese of 'Smart Money with Arese'.

Arese, Toke Makinwa and i


Stephanie Busari is such a lovely person
So, my weekend was impactful. How was yours?

Stephanie Busari, Debola Williams, Eunice Omole and i


Zainab Balogun, Aderonke, Vimbai, Zain, Lala Akindoju and i




No comments:

Post a Comment

#SkincareSaturday Three things to do for your skin this weekend!

Ideally, we should pamper ourselves every day.  Unfortunately, with the hustle and bustle that is Lagos, we usually end up with at best, ...