Tuesday

#BehindTheScenes Chatting with the legend, King Sunny Ade, was surreal

I don't know people who live and work with legends manage to behave because every time I meet a living legend? O la la!



Today I had the honour of interviewing King Sunny Ade on my radio show. Sometimes when things like this happen, you are like, 'meeeeeee?'. But I couldn't panic nor over think it. KSA was driving in. 'Wawu'.

So what was it like?

O my. Where do I start?

First KSA is so polished. I don't think they teach that kind of charm in school. Smiley, courteous and gracious. I had to remind myself the man sitting opposite me, so soft spoken, was 70!!!
He took our flight of stairs like it was nothing. It's not surprising for a man who grew up playing football and now plays golf, chess, lacrosse and more.

Speaking of football, he says he loves and supports the Eagles but wouldn't tell us what club he supports. I tried to get him to say, 'Manchester United'.

There's a 'Sunny on Sunday' concert coming up where he will not only perform with other talented stars like Onyeka Onwenu, Darey and Omawumi, but he will also auction of one of his guitars. I asked how many guitars he has. 'Not up to a hundred'.

He will also be the first Nigerian artiste to be inducted into Hard Rock Cafe's Rock Hall of Fame.
'Yass'!

Is there a difference between playing at a concert and playing at a wedding? 'Big Difference', he replied. For the former, all eyes are on you and it's just you trying to entertain the crowd. (Methinks the money spraying would also be a big difference o. Ah).
He 'sprayed' me with prayers. I feel so blessed!!!

I asked what his favourite song from his own body of work is and even though he loooooves all his songs, he has a soft spot for the first song he ever recorded, 'Alaanu ni Oluwa'.

Looking forward to him singing that song live on the 11th of December.

Which brings me to, o my! Whatever shall I wear?????????



No comments:

Post a Comment

#SkincareSaturday Three things to do for your skin this weekend!

Ideally, we should pamper ourselves every day.  Unfortunately, with the hustle and bustle that is Lagos, we usually end up with at best, ...