Monday

MCM: FUNBI MUSIC AND 3 THINGS THAT MAKE HIM HAPPY


Happy Monday guys!

Today, we are crushing on Nigerian singer and songwriter, Funbi Emiola,popularly known as Funbi Music. You have probably heard his first official solo single, 'Hallelujah' and if you haven't,  what exactly are you listening to? lol
Funbi's voice is so heavenly;  the world truly deserves to be blessed by it. I had a short chat with him concerning a few trivial but important stuff.
*Because we don't stress our crushes here, *winks

Read and Enjoy ;)

Hi Funbi!

1)     You’re an artiste, what do you love most about making music?

FUNBI: I love how a small idea builds gradually into a complete record which then gets to be heard by people from different parts of the world. It's incredible how universal the language of music is.

2)     If you could drop some lines on any 90’s song, which would it be?

FUNBI: Kci & JoJo - All my life


3)     You are gradually making a name for yourself in the Nigerian music scene, what challenges have you faced so far in the industry?

FUNBI: Well sometimes there's the battle within myself to create music to my own personal taste or create for the people. It's a challenge because you want your music to cut across tribe, language, social background and so on.


4)       What three things make you happy?

FUNBI: Family, great music and Fooood

5) What keeps you inspired when things aren't going as planned?

FUNBI: It's very important to have people around you that believe in you, even more than you do in yourself. So for me, I draw inspiration from the people around me. They remind me of where I started from and how far I've come they help to keep me grounded and are a source of motivation when I'm running low.



6)     What’s one thing you'd like to say to your '20 year old' and '50-year old' self respectively?

FUNBI: To my 20 year old self I'd say; better days are ahead. 50 year old Funbi would know more, I'd like to hear what he has to say.

7)     What’s your most valuable advice to people starting out in the music industry?

FUNBI: Don't expect it to be easy. Talent without hard work is useless


8)     What’s on your mind this Monday?
FUNBI: Mostly the preparations for my next single release. ​

Keep up with Funbi HERE ;)

That's it guys!
Stay Inspired.
Anjola

No comments:

Post a Comment

#SkincareSaturday Three things to do for your skin this weekend!

Ideally, we should pamper ourselves every day.  Unfortunately, with the hustle and bustle that is Lagos, we usually end up with at best, ...