So earlier this year (2015), i got engaged. It did not happen when and where you thought it did sha (hee hee hee) and one day i shall tell...
But fast forward to November 2015 and le boo and i got married! Very grateful to Nigeria's best event planner, who also happens to be my sister, Funke Bucknor-Obruthe (how lucky am i?). Apart from being the C.E.O of Zapphaire Events, the wedding coordinators, she also owns the sister company, 'Decor by Furtullah', headed by Pearl Ilolo. They put together a breath-taking fairytale wedding for me. Thank you to God, my partner, my family, my friends, our guests, and once again, the incredible, Funke Bucknor-Obruthe and her team.
When my sister asked what i wanted for my wedding, i told her i wanted people to be happy and leave feeling like wow, they had experienced something beautiful! I also wanted our (Omowale and i) cultures, passion and things we love reflected.
- The table names were in either French or Yoruba. They were names or titles of things that mattered to us. I for example wanted to celebrate my grandmothers so i had 'Olakunbi' and 'Adeoti' tables (their names), and also my house in secondary school (Efunjoke).
Who Did What?
- Bride's Traditional Outfit (aso oke by Buckstone Ventures)
- Bride's Engagement Fan (Buckstone Ventures)
- Bride's Make Up and Gele Tying (Annabel for BMPro)
- Groom's Traditional Outfit (Buckstone Ventures)
- Groomsmen aso ebi (Jay Osbie)
- Bride's Bouquet ( Aralia by Nature)
- Bride's Shoes ( Sergio Rossi Bridal Collection)
- Bride's Make Up (Banke Meshida Lawal for BMPro)
- Bride's Hair (Preye of MzPreye Makeovers)
- Groom's Reception Outfit (Mai Atafo Inspired)
- GroomsMen Outfits (King Hakbal)
- Band- Shuga Band
- Djs- Dj Bola, Dj Lami, Dj GQ
- Wedding Invites (The Wedding Store)
- Photobooth courtesy Photomania NG
- Cake for Engagement (Cakes by Andy Clarke)
- Cake for Reception (Helado Delicia)
- Photography (Oluphotos, Jide Odukoya, Bunmi Adedipe)
- VideoGraphy (Tei Lawsonand Daniel Folley)
See more pictures below!