Wednesday

#Yorufrench x #WeddingWednesday YoruFrench 2015 in pictures! (The Beginning)



Hey!
So earlier this year (2015), i got engaged. It did not happen when and where you thought it did sha (hee hee hee) and one day i shall tell...

But fast forward to November 2015 and le boo and i got married! Very grateful to Nigeria's best event planner, who also happens to be my sister, Funke Bucknor-Obruthe (how lucky am i?). Apart from being the C.E.O of Zapphaire Events, the wedding coordinators, she also owns the sister company, 'Decor by Furtullah', headed by Pearl Ilolo. They put together a breath-taking fairytale wedding for me. Thank you to God, my partner, my family, my friends, our guests, and once again, the incredible, Funke Bucknor-Obruthe and her team.



When my sister asked what i wanted for my wedding, i told her i wanted people to be happy and leave feeling like wow, they had experienced something beautiful! I also wanted our (Omowale and i) cultures, passion and things we love reflected.




Fun Facts:
- The table names were in either French or Yoruba. They were names or titles of things that mattered to us. I for example wanted to celebrate my grandmothers so i had 'Olakunbi' and 'Adeoti' tables (their names), and also my house in secondary school (Efunjoke).





- My 'something borrowed' was a brooch from Sasha and my tiara from Princess. Something new were my shooooooes and dress. Something old was the bracelet that belonged to my maternal grandmother that i wore in her memory and Something blue was... (guess)



Who Did What?

- Bride's Traditional Outfit (aso oke by Buckstone Ventures)
- Bride's Engagement Fan (Buckstone Ventures)
- Bride's Make Up and Gele Tying (Annabel for BMPro)
- Groom's Traditional Outfit (Buckstone Ventures)
- Groomsmen aso ebi (Jay Osbie)





- Bride's Reception Dress (Mai Atafo Inspired)
- Bride's Bouquet ( Aralia by Nature)
- Bride's Shoes ( Sergio Rossi Bridal Collection)
- Bride's Make Up (Banke Meshida Lawal for BMPro)
- Bride's Hair (Preye of MzPreye Makeovers)
- Groom's Reception Outfit (Mai Atafo Inspired)






- Bridesmaids Dresses (Ejiro Amos Tafiri)
- GroomsMen Outfits (King Hakbal)


- Event Hosts (Chigurl, Tee-A, Wyse)
- Band- Shuga Band
- Djs- Dj Bola, Dj Lami, Dj GQ



- Venue: (Landmark Event Centre, Oniru)
- Wedding Invites (The Wedding Store)
- Photobooth courtesy Photomania NG

- Cake for Engagement (Cakes by Andy Clarke)
- Cake for Reception (Helado Delicia)
- Photography (Oluphotos, Jide Odukoya, Bunmi Adedipe)
- VideoGraphy (Tei Lawsonand Daniel Folley)

See more pictures below!





















































































No comments:

Post a Comment

#SkincareSaturday Three things to do for your skin this weekend!

Ideally, we should pamper ourselves every day.  Unfortunately, with the hustle and bustle that is Lagos, we usually end up with at best, ...