Tuesday

#EventWednesday All the pretty dresses and highlights from AMVCA 2016




All the pretty dresses, all the emotional speeches; the Africa Magic Viewers' Choice awards had all the makings of a great awards show and I was there with my popcorn to observe.

First of, whaaaaa? We saw so many awesome dresses on that carpet that had me beaming like a proud sister. My personal favourites were Rita Dominic, Adesua Etomi, Mercy Aigbe, and Osas Ighodaro
P.s, re: Rita..; Asking "Will Rita Dominic slay", is same as asking, "Will the sun shine?"

For skin and beauty, I give it to Kate Henshaw and Beverly Naya. Kate is one of the most beautiful women I know and her make up artistes must love her skin! Beverley Naya was also a vision in green with that power up do!

The guys were guys. They either play safe or rock colours and patterns.


Rita 'slay' Dominic

Adesua Etomi

Mercy Aigbe Gentry

'Osas Ighodaro





RMD

Uti Nwachukwu


The award show itself ran smoothly and I'm hoping other event organisers look at events like 'Love Like A Movie' and 'AMVCA' to see that it CAN be done. We can keep to time, run smoothly and (try to) have fun.

IK is one of the best show hosts out there and he did a good job with a quip or two at the right times during the show. Funniest on the night was of course Salvado with his boisterous personality, wit and spot on jokes. I waited all night for him to come on and I wasn't disappointed.
Salvado with Thomas Gumede 


Yemi Alade was a vision both on the red carpet and during her performance. I didn't know what song she performed though so couldn't 'karaoke' along as I would have wanted to.



The winners were either truly shocked, a little prepared, all over the place or very composed. Adesua Etomi gave one of the best speeches on the night, ending with the quote " ". Stephanie Linus whose movie 'Dry' had one of the highest number of nominations and won *, was so elegant that she had us spell bound. Buki Ajai had me in tears with the now infamous, "are you all standing for me?" question as she picked up her Lifetime Achievement award, and special shout out to Lala Akindoju and Folarin Falz Falana (Best Male in a Comedy).



All in all, a decent show which left me feeling inspired!

Kudos to the organisers, the guests and all the nominees and winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#SkincareSaturday Three things to do for your skin this weekend!

Ideally, we should pamper ourselves every day.  Unfortunately, with the hustle and bustle that is Lagos, we usually end up with at best, ...