Wednesday

WCW: TV HOST, PELUMI SHITTU

Hi guys, how's the week going? Mine has been super packed with exams and making money moves like our MCM advised on Monday. However today, our WCW has me on cloud 9 as I was super curious about her move from architecture into the media industry.
She's a co-host on Ebonylife TV's show for millenials 'Moments-Z; today we are crushing on the beautiful Pelumi Shittu.
From her pictures, you can tell that she super fun, cant you? Enjoy! ;)



Hey Lumi!

1)     You studied architecture in school. Why the move into media and are you ever going back to architecture?

PELUMI: Hey!!! I studied architecture in school but then moving into media was not a conscious effort for me because first of all I had a lecturer in school who always made me feel bad about my design. he made me feel like I had no future what so ever in design or in architecture so I was always looking for the next thing that I could do that I was sure that I was going to excel in it, be comfortable with it, have fun and still impact my community and the world at large. So, there was a friend of mine who drew my attention to the fact that I loved presentations in school, I loved talking, defending and representing my group in group projects. She then sent the link to the moments Z audition that brought me into the media industry and made me who I am today. Will I ever do architecture? I really don’t think so... but the beauty of architecture is that you can major in different parts like aesthetics(facade architecture), landscape design, interior design etc... so I hope to major in one of them. But if I can’t, then I definitely have to figure out a way to marry media and architecture together and carve a niche for myself๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜


2)      You are a presenter, you must have attended quite a number of auditions, tell us about one you’ll never forget?

PELUMI: Funny enough I have not physically attended so much because nowadays a lot of companies just require to send a demo and your CV to a certain email address or website and sometimes they reply, sometimes they don’t. There is one that I went for recently though and during the course of the conversation/audition I had mentioned payments like 3-4 times. The person interviewing had to stop and stare at me like... “you like money o!” I wasn’t even aware at that time that I was saying it. I guess that’s where my head was at, during that period ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I was broke then ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

3)     What 3 tips would you say are key to getting into media Nigeria?

PELUMI:  My 3 tips have definitely got to be:
1. Know what you want to do, that way you can channel your focus on certain auditions you want to go for. E.g are you interested in fashion? Be a lifestyle presenter et.c it’s all about carving a niche for yourself in this industry.
2. Image. What image are you trying to sell to the people? You can call it branding if you want. Do you want to be known for your energy, makeup, style, controversy? Whatever it is. Find that and sell that. Especially on your Social media page. You never can tell that post that will circulate round and get the right people interested in you.
3. Network.... let’s be honest ehn, some things in this industry are gotten by connections. It is who you know, you recommend for a job or position. So, why not let a lot of people know you and recommend you ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜


4)     Before the camera comes on, you......

PELUMI:  pray and ask the Holy Spirit for help, direction and energy lol. I read and research to know the angles I’m coming from and areas I would like to touch, I interact with the crew so that we’re all in a good mood where we can work together and have fun. I dance as well, to get my adrenaline pumping ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚





5)     One thing you'd like to say to your '20 year old' and '40 year old' self respectively?
PELUMI: I’m still in my early 20’s na ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ but anyway, I’d say never compare yourself with anybody. Situations change in an instance. Discover yourself and walk in that don’t focus solely on school and it’s assignment. Have fun, live a little, go to more places and just be young. Psssttt! You’re going to end up in the media industry so start learning and going for auditions already, architecture is not your way๐Ÿ˜ don’t tell future me I gave you expo๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ
To 40 year old me: I hope all the struggles were worth it. I hope you’re super rich and dining with Kings and presidents already. I hope you’ve touched and changed lives. I hope you’re married, with kids and living without regrets.

6)If you could exchange lives with any media personality. Whose life are you picking?

PELUMI: I’m picking Ellen Degeneres!!!! She’s everything I want to be! A great interviewer, funny, energetic, looks young for her age, generous as heck, has her own show and companies as well, comfortable in her own skin etc


7)What’s on your mind this Wednesday?
PELUMI:  On my mind this Wednesday, how to be better, make more money,get more followers on Instagram, have more than one business. As you can see, my mind is full๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚


That'ts it guys!hope you enjoyed?
Stay inspired ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment

#SkincareSaturday Three things to do for your skin this weekend!

Ideally, we should pamper ourselves every day.  Unfortunately, with the hustle and bustle that is Lagos, we usually end up with at best, ...