Monday

MCM: TECH WIZ, FISAYO

Hello everyone! If you're like me, you're probably wondering where the weekend went? I mean, it was just Friday yesterday. Anyway, another Monday is upon us and I come bearing good news ;) We are flipping the script a little today with our MCM who is a brand strategist and a tech reviewer. His name is Fisayo Fosudo. I'd describe my interview with him as brilliant and interesting! (It's ironic how he asked me at the end if he wasn't too boring LOL) Enjoy!

Fisayo Fosudo

1)      You have a YouTube channel where you talk about tech inclined topics; why that niche?

FISAYO: Tech is a very fast evolving niche and it's surely going to shape our future in many ways. I started developing passion for this since I started out as a graphic designer and a lot of design/art work has moved beyond pencils and sketch books to tablets and styli. I'm focused on tech (consumer tech specifically) because it's the closest/most accessible base to everyone and I really look forward to influencing a larger percentage of consumer tech purchase decisions in Africa and beyond.


2)  What's the most valuable lesson you've learnt from having a YouTube channel? 

FISAYO: Quality matters! Here's my not so short explanation for this: before I started uploading YouTube videos, I watched a ton of videos. I'm the kind of buyer that watches like 20 video reviews and read 100 blog posts about a product before I spend my money. 9/10 times a quality review video helps me make my decision. It was this reason I decided to invest almost $6,000 from my savings in production gear to create quality and thoughtful content. I'm still just starting out so I have a long way to go.


3) What's your typical day like?

FISAYO:  Lol, I don't have a typical day. Everyday is a different creation of it's own. However, every day starts with a prayer and then listening to a lot of House/EDM music while creating graphic design concepts or reading a book.

4) Tell us one thing you'll really like to do but haven't done yet?

FISAYO: I'll really like to create beautiful Cinematic travel videos (or memories) like Jordan Taylor Wright and Sam Kolder. These guys really inspire me a lot and I look forward to perfecting my skills to this point and beyond. As a side project, I also enjoy tinkering with creating EDM music too with FL Studio. 



5)  It's Monday, tell us some people you currently look up to and why? 

FISAYO: Apart from the aforementioned, I really look up to Marques Brownlee (MKBHD). He's also a tech reviewer and is the best at what he does.

I hope I wasn't too boring 😂


Stay Inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#SkincareSaturday Three things to do for your skin this weekend!

Ideally, we should pamper ourselves every day.  Unfortunately, with the hustle and bustle that is Lagos, we usually end up with at best, ...