Monday

#Hairsyn Getting your Hair into a Bun

When my hair was short, all i wanted was for it to be long. Then when my hair got long, i felt like there were no styles to work with.

My default style is the quick pack and go but whenever i sit with a professional, they would work magic on the hair and i just wanted to do the same!



Now you might have seen my previous hair tutorial on a style you can do in under ten minutes and if you haven't, here is the link.

10 min braid for natural hair

Back to my buns!

Hair packed in a bun is just so chic that it transforms every look. I had been trying but i never succeeded... until now.

First, thank you to Love Layefa and Sisi Yemmie for their up do challenge; it inspired me.

Sisi Yemmie and Love Layefa's Hair Up Do challenge

I'm going to make a youtube video soon (fingers crossed) but till then, what have i learnt.

* Brush your hair real well before your up-do or packing so that it stays in place and looks neat for longer. 

* Apply pressure. Sorry o, but up-dos will hurt. For the first few seconds. Then you'll be fine. Grab that hair tight and pack

* For my back bun, I used a trick I saw Love Layefa do. Basically you first pack with a rubber band, then you take in smaller strands each and plait, then tuck each plait into the rubber band.



* For the front bun, I used a cheat. There are some big buns you can pack your hair with then just tuck the strands into.



Let me know what you think and if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#SkincareSaturday Three things to do for your skin this weekend!

Ideally, we should pamper ourselves every day.  Unfortunately, with the hustle and bustle that is Lagos, we usually end up with at best, ...